Monday, September 13, 2010

UPEC 2010

I've been busy lately since end of August. A lot of stuff I tried to juggle around at one time. From 31st of August to 3rd of Sept 2010, I have attended a Conference organised by Cardiff University for High Voltage Engineering. The sad part is this conference is in Ramadhan so I missed  a lot of free food however, that is not a big deal. This is my first Conference after 3 years of my PhD and hopefully I get more opportunity for next coming year.

There is nothing much during these 4 days conference, only seminar,  Museum visit , free food and paper presentation. As a part of delegate and volunteer, my tasks are present my paper, tour guide, conference assistant and etc. This sound really sad...hahaha I wish the conference somewhere else so I can get a chance to visit other places for free. :)

They are around 300 delegates from academic and industry sector. So I take advantage from this conference to expend my network and sharing knowledge. I meet few people from other University and I reckon it was good experience especially PhD student from Netherlander which have a lot of sense of humour.

Overall, I enjoyed the conference, make a few friends and most importantly I got 4 days leisure time with out stuck at my office desk.. :) Here, few pictures through out the conference.

The three musketeer 

Big lady Boss

Conference delegates

Empty cups like my empty stomach during Ramadhan

ME

No comments:

Post a Comment