Saturday, June 5, 2010

D-lux 4 Custom Grip

I bought a D-lux 4 custom grip last month, made by Richard Franie's. I came across this grip in one of my flickr-buddy's page and I just want to try it before recommending the grip to others. I do agree with a lot of people that Leica brand is expensive, not only the camera itself but also extended to its accessories. No need to mention the M series like M8 and M9 which can cost up to £5K but since I used D-lux 4, I dare to say that investing in this brand is worth every single penny. Now I am starting my new saving pot for leica M and hopefully one day I can own one.
Without the grip
Back to the grip.. I would say it as a genius way to provide D-lux owners with an alternative way to spend their money ;). This grip just cost around $35, equivalent to £24 and it is far more cheaper than the original Leica grip which could cost £80. I bought the grip from a seller in US so there is another $5 for the postage cost. The grip is made from aluminium, feels very solid and comfortable to handle. However it is not a screw mount type like Leica grip so the only way to attach it to the camera is by using a special double-sided tape which can be removed and reused again in the future. 
With the grip on
I do like the grip because it is easy to use and does add more security feature when I am holding my camera. Besides, considering the price, I would say it serves its purpose and I did not need to blow out my pocket to own  an original one. I attached here some related links and hopefully it would help other D-lux users who are looking for an affordable grip :). Lastly, I would like to thank Tetsu for sharing his knowledge and Richard for his great service and fast delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment