Sunday, June 27, 2010

HTC Desire

It was hard to get a good deal when I tried to sign up for a new mobile phone contract. I've just finished my current one-and-a-half-year blackberry curve 8900 contract that costed me a monthly fee of £25 for 600 minutes and unlimited text and Internet. It was a fairly great deal I had from o2.  Unluckily I did not manage to get a bargain again this time when I tried to renew my o2 contract. Instead they offered a bad deal; a less cool HTC smart mobile with unlimited text and internet but only half of the minutes allowances from before for the same monthly fee. It is, in my opinion, a total rip-off cause the HTC smart mobile could be purchased from pay as you go (PAYG) plan for only £90. At the end of the day, I finally decided to close my existing contract, bought the phone from Ebay and use PAYG sims instead. 

I bought a HTC Desire, one of the latest phone from HTC that uses Android as its operating system. Lots of reviews believe this Android phone is an IPhone contender and I kind of agree with it, cause this phone is honestly quite impressive. It delivers the same intuitive features as IPhone. The only drawback with HTC so far is the less sensitivity of its touch screen, I kind of struggling a bit when typing words because of that.

Just to mention that I did quite a 'homework' before made up my mind to go for HTC Desire. In comparison, IPhone has a better design and many extensive apps to choose from. On the other hand, hardware for HTC is better with 5M camera, 1GHz processor and most importantly cheaper in price.

Below are links of details specification for HTC and 3Gs for comparisons



I made a comparison with 3Gs cause these two phones are within the same price range when you sign up for a £35/month contract for 18 months with 300 minutes allowances, unlimited text and  internet. Nonetheless I would say it to ultimately depend on the individual itself. If you got a deep pocket, it would probably be the antenna problem's Iphone 4 :). Else, try seeking a better phone deal that would do a fairly similar job as IPhone.

I also uploaded the unboxing of HTC desire on Youtube and definitely in due time I will upload a new video about the phone performance and features. So folks stay tune and enjoy the video!






No comments:

Post a Comment