Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BEST EVER TRAVEL TIPS


The recent volcano explosion in Iceland has caused a lot of chaos to travellers around the world, especially those in Europe. Most of them stranded at airports for at least 5 days. A friend of mine, Pete, supposed to be on his plane to Sweden to start his new job but unfortunately unable to leave this country for more than a week now. He's still hoping to get onto a plane so that he can avoid a 30-hours train journey instead. My advice to him... get a nice and comfy cushion so your arse wont get harden like rock when arrives in Stockholm ;)

Lucky for me and my wife, we went to Andalusia, Spain during the beginning of the Easter break and not around this time. It was a trip to celebrate our first official honeymoon as husband and wife. We managed to visit 3 capital cities of Andalusia; Malaga, Granada and Cordoba. The journey was great and I gave credit to my lovely wife for planning all the necessary arrangements like buying the flight tickets, booking the accomodations and such. I was only responsible as the trip banker :P... The visit totally worth every penny that we've spent. I enjoy our stay in Granada the most cause apart from a normal holiday trip, our visit to the town also gave me my first hand experience watching the spanish preparation in celebrating Easter week, which are also known as Semana Santa.

Here I want to share with you guys about a cute little travel book, Lonely Planet's Best Ever Travel Tips, which I bought from Waterstones just before I went to Spain. The book costs around £5 but I got it at a half-price so it is a bargain. From outside, the book doesn't really looks like it would  contain much information but it is actually a comprehensive book and very light in weight. Altogether it has ten chapters starting from tips about packing & preparation to eco-travel. In my opinion, the best part of this book is Chapter 4; it covers the topic about safety & security which I believe is one of the most important stuff when going for travelling. The book lists the top five scams as:

1-Fake police
2-Gem or carpet deals
3-Airport taxis
4-Bird shit
5-"This is closed"

The bird shit scam is similar to scenario when someone 'accidentally' spill mustard on you, follows by a coincidence swift appearance of a stranger who towels you down.  By taking advantage of your confusion, the guys will try to steal any valuable belongings. The book also includes links to some useful websites, or they called as smart webs. These websites give essential information and price comparisons for travellers such as money-saving expert, tramex travel tips and lots more.



All in all, I recommend this book to those who frequently travels, and even for those who intend to travel in the future.. it is certainly worth checking out this book as this piece is handy for travelling. Do check out my photo streams at Flickr, you can see some of my recent uploaded pictures at the bottom of this blog. Enjoy the pictures guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment