Sunday, May 30, 2010

EL Paso Restaurant

Last Friday night me and my wife went to a Mexican Restaurant called El Paso in City Road, Cardiff. The restaurant is a family business, running by a father and his son. It was actually my second time dining at El Paso and my first visit was to celebrate my mate's farewell party. We totally had an awesome night and this time even better cause I was encompanied by my wife. Even though she turned up a bit late as usual, it was worth the wait. We ordered a chicken buffalo meal and some salad for starters, and a Mexican paella dish as the main course. The paella was served in a big frying pan full with stuff like chicken, mussels, prawns and etc. We were shocked with the portion and I think it probably needs at least 3 Asian grown adults to finish it in one go.
Me and Pete

Pete farewell party

They have a great environment in the restaurant with the Mexican theme and Mexican songs playing in the background. The price of the food is not bad as well, I would say as reasonable considering the portion of dishes that they serve. They got great and friendly service too so I would really recommend this restaurant, not to mention a 15% discounts for students. At the end of the day, we had a great night out and came home with full stomach, plus unfinished take-away paella :)

Mexican hat

The starter

The paella

Me

Mexican man

No comments:

Post a Comment